Where Can I Get a Covid Test – The United States is moving towards the peak cases of COVID-19 in the Current winter season. The seven-day average of positive COVID cases in the United States is standing around 62,000 cases.
On December 14, 2022, the United States recorded more than 150,000 cases of Covid 19 in a single day which is the highest case since August 2022. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has not changed its guidelines associated with the prevention of COVID-19.
Everyone is suggested to get themselves tested on a regular basis and follow the other COVID protocol guidelines to ensure their safety from the deadly virus. That is why today we are here to help you with COVID testing.
If you are also wondering where I can get a covert test, then you are at the right place, as we are going to talk about all the places where Americans can get their self-tested for COVID-19.
Places to get tested for COVID-19 in the United States
Most pharmacies and laboratories in the United States suggest Americans go through their official website and create an online appointment Before COVID testing.
The whole COVID testing appointment process won’t take more than 2 to 3 minutes of your time, but it can save a ton of your time. One of the best parts about the appointment for COVID testing is that you won’t have to spend hours standing in queues.
You can get yourself tested for COVID-19 whenever you want to add your desired location.
CVS Pharmacy is among the biggest pharmaceutical chains active in the United States. Along with its subsidiaries, serious pharmacy is known to have more than 10,000 locations throughout the nation.
The company Is also offering free COVID testing at most of its locations, and we highly recommend Americans get themselves tested at any serious pharmacy nearby their neighborhoods.
- In order to create an appointment at the CVS pharmacy, you will have to click on the above-given button, which will directly take you to their official website.
- The above-given button will further redirect you to the point page, where you will have to provide a five-digit area zip code, City name, or complete state name.
- Your five-digit area zip code will help the pharmacy find all the nearby previous COVID testing sites. In
- On the next page, you will have to answer some questions regarding your current COVID status.
- After that, the appointment process will ask you about the date and time of your appointment along with the COVID testing site.
- Once you have selected the date and time of your appointment, now it is time for you to enter the basic information regarding the patient.
Lastly, you should make sure that you are not answering any wrong information as it might lead you to rejection at the time of testing.
Due to the high demand for COVID testing, you might not be able to get yourself tested at your preferred location on your desired date and time.
That is why We highly recommend everyone create an appointment at least 24 to 48 hours before the COVID testing.
The second biggest pharmaceutical chain active in the United States is Walgreens pharmacy. The company also has more than 5000 locations throughout the nation, and they are offering Covid testing at most of these locations.
Similar to any other COVID testing site, Walgreens also suggests everyone go through their official website and create an online appointment. The whole appointment process is not going to take more than 2 minutes of your time, but it is going to save a ton.
- Click on the above-given button to directly reach the official website of Walgreens pharmacy. The button will further redirect you to the appointment page.
- As soon as you reach the appointment page, it will ask you to enter your five-digit area zip code, city name, or complete state name.
- Your 5-digit area zip code will help the appointment processor find all the nearby COVID testing sites offered by Walgreens pharmacy.
- Once you have entered your five-digit area zip code, it will ask you a bunch of questions, including the type of COVID test you are looking for.
- Once you have selected the type of test you are looking for along with the location, the appointment process will ask you to enter the date and time of your appointment.
- Lastly, the appointment process will ask you to sign in with your existing Walgreens account, or you can also continue as a guest.
- Those who are going to continue as a guest will have to enter the complete information regarding the patient, starting from the first name to old away contact details.
Everyone should make sure that they reach the COVID testing site at least 5 to 10 minutes before the appointment. Every COVID testing site holds the right to cancel your appointment if you fail to report before the given time.
Along with major pharmacy giants, several laboratories are also providing free COVID testing to all eligible Americans throughout the nation. Quest diagnostics is One of those leading names.
- Simply click on the above-given button to reach the official website of Quest Diagnostics.
- The above-given button will further redirect you to the official appointment page.
- As soon as you reach the appointment page, it will ask you about the date of birth of the patient.
- After that, you will have to provide any information regarding health insurance.
- On the next page, you will have to provide your 5-digit area zip code. The 5-digit area zip code will help the pharmacy find all the nearby Quest Diagnostics locations.
- Once you have entered the basic information, the Quest Diagnostics appointment page will take you to the next page, where you will have to provide complete information about your current COVID status.
- After that, you will have to sign in with your existing Quest Diagnostics account, or you can also continue as a guest.
- Lastly, you will have to enter the complete information regarding the patient starting from the first name to the phone number.
All covid testing sites in the United States, including Quest Diagnostics, have changed their COVID testing regulations. Nowadays, free COVID testing is only available under certain conditions, and you cannot use it for international travel.
There are some conditions where you will be eligible for free COVID testing at any nearby pharmacy, but the CDC has been suggesting everyone go with the rapid antigen test for precautionary measures.
COVID testing for international travel
A few weeks ago, the mother Centers for Disease Control and prevention of the United States updated its COVID testing guidelines, and they have suspended the free copy testing for international travelers.
Even if you are an American citizen, you can not use the free COVID testing Program of the federal government to travel internationally. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention of the United States suggest Americans pay for their own COVID test in order to use them for international travel.
Most pharmacies and laboratories in the United States have been mentioning on their COVID test results that they are not valid for international travel.
If you want to pay for your own COVID test, then we highly recommend you mention it while creating the appointment at any COVID testing site. Every above pharmacy and laboratory gives the option to all users to opt for self-pay and mention it for international travel.
Suspension of Covid test kits Program
Till September 2022, Americans were receiving free COVID test kits from the federal government of the United States. On September 2nd, the federal government announced that they had suspended the Program due to a lack of funding from Congress.
That is why we highly recommend everyone to use the above given COVID testing facilities and options to test themselves on a regular basis. If you are waiting for the free government test kits, then we highly recommend you learn about other methods of testing.
We have not heard anything About the revival of the free COVID test kits program from the government. Even the White House has been suggesting everyone go for the other options.
Where can I get tested for COVID-19 free of cost?
The Centers for Disease Control and prevention has been funding rapid antigen tests at nearby pharmacies and laboratories. Americans can get themselves tested for the virus free of cost if they are experiencing any symptoms associated with the condition.